The SMI OZ IRON KOOKWARE™ SS Loaf Pan Sets, models 265 & 325 (“loaf pans”) are available in 2 size options with each size option having 2 depth options to choose from also. Each loaf pan is wrought from a single sheet of food grade 304 stainless steel (“SS”) with no seams, joins, rivets or welds just smooth clean rounded corners and edges with slightly inward tapering sides formed or “wrought” using a process called hydroforming (like our Aussie first roasting pan sets before them) and they are all 100% Australian made using 100% Australian materials.
The loaf pans are perfect for baking breads of all descriptions including sourdough, loaf type cakes such as banana bread, carrot cake, date loaf, log type sponge cakes, fruit cakes, desserts and much more. You can even roast vegetables and meats in them too using our 2 size “roasting racks” (available as an inclusive option selection) which enables them to function as superb small roasting pans, roasting vegetables on the base with meat elevated above on the roasting/steamer/cake cooling rack for perfect heat distribution. As an added bonus all of our loaf pan sets come with an included sealing/steamer lid to enable you to steam vegetables, fruits, fish and much more when used in conjunction with our roasting/steamer/cake cooling racks made especially for them.
Being made from clean sustainable and healthy food grade 304 stainless steel they won’t rust, don’t need seasoning, contain no toxic synthetic coatings and can be washed in hot soapy water in your sink or dishwasher too. Furthermore, they are fridge and freezer compatible and work on and in all heat sources from oven to stovetop (including induction), campfire, camp oven, wood fired pizza oven, BBQ, chiminea and much more. The unique twin wall ribbing at the top engineered into our loaf pans results in superb strength and provides lift points (handles on the short ends). You won’t need to go to the gym in order to lift them as they are super light yet superbly strong and durable and will last for generations of baking & cooking in them well into the future and outliving the cook.
The roasting/steamer/cake cooling rack also made from food grade 304 stainless steel (4mm solid round bar) comes in handy as a cake or bread cooling stand also. Once you’ve baked your cake or loaf of bread you can turn it out of the loaf pan onto a handy “cooling rack” and let it cool down on your bench top. When used for roasting or streaming there is 40mm of clearance under the “rack” to place your vegetables or for a substantial water bath depth if steaming produce. With the elevated “rack” sitting on the base of your loaf pan you can now roast vegetables under it with the meat on top of the “rack” where the heat can evenly distribute about it for the best roasting results. When steaming simply fill your loaf pan to a suitable depth just below the “rack”. You can even use acidic juices or mixes of water and various additives to your liquid steam bath to impart extra flavours without the worry of stripping any seasoning as there is no seasoning to strip with the loaf pan being stainless steel. Next add your produce (vegetables, fruits and even fish) onto the “rack” above your water bath and place the lid on and then put it into your oven, on your campfire, in your camp oven or on the stovetop (including induction) to steam them to perfection. If you love cooking on the BBQ you will appreciate being able to use the “rack” to rest or elevate food on it especially in hooded or kettle type BBQ’s for slow roasting & smoking such as with large thick cuts of meats and ribs.
We’ve taken the humble loaf pan and elevated its uses to more than a single use kitchen baking tool. Acidic recipes are a breeze with no seasoning to be stripped like cast iron or carbon steel type loaf pans lose their seasoning when cooking/baking acidic recipes. As for its use in steaming there are no joins or seams to leak and no mucky seasoning to taint the flavours of your steamed produce either.
With baking as most good bakers know a light greasing with say butter rubbed on the inner surface of the loaf pan then a light dusting with flour is all that’s required prior to pouring in your cake mix batter for perfect non-stick results every time. Or if you prefer you can simply line the loaf pan with baking paper on its own also. Either way your baking will be non-stick and healthy without any toxic synthetic chemicals required.
Oz Iron Kookware™ by Slot Me In™ is truly “EVERYDAY COOKWARE FOR EVERBODY™” and we look forward to providing and manufacturing cookware that’s 100% Australian made using 100% Australian materials in an ever expanding range that’s quality, durable, versatile, sustainable, value for money and healthy for use at home, in restaurants or just “BACKYARD, BUSH or BEYOND™”.
Specifications of the SMI Oz Iron Kookware™ SS Loaf Pans Sets & Optional Roasting/Steamer/Cake Cooling “Racks” are as follows below:
- SMI Oz Iron Kookware™ SS Loaf Pan Set 265 x 65mm deep (loaf pan & lid set) Combined overall dimensions and weight 265mm L x 160mm W x 65mm H and weighs 0.558kg. The loaf pan top opening is 240mm L x 140mm W and the bottom dimensions are 215mm L x 115mm W with a 65mm depth and a volume of 2 litres (8 metric cups).
- SMI Oz Iron Kookware™ SS Loaf Pan Set 265 x 100mm deep (loaf pan & lid set) Combined overall dimensions and weight 265mm L x 160mm W x 100mm H and weighs 0.631kg. The loaf pan top opening is 240mm L x 140mm W and the bottom dimensions are 210mm L x 110mm W with a 100mm depth and a volume of 2.5 litres (10 metric cups).
- SMI Oz Iron Kookware™ SS Loaf Pan Set 325 x 65mm deep (loaf pan & lid set) Combined overall dimensions & weight 325mm L x 180mm W x 65mm H and weighs 0.758kg. The loaf pan top opening is 300mm L x 150mm W and the bottom dimensions are 280mm x 125mm W with a depth of 65mm and a volume of 2.75 litres (11 metric cups)
- SMI Oz Iron Kookware™ SS Loaf Pan Set 325 x 100mm deep (loaf pan & lid set) Combined overall dimensions and weight, 325mm L x 180mm W x 100mm H and weighs 0.856kg. The loaf pan top opening is 300mm L x 150mm W and the bottom dimensions are 270mm L x 120mm W with a depth of 100mm and a volume of 4.5 litres (18 metric cups).
- SMI Oz Iron Kookware™ SS Roasting/Steamer/Cake Cooling “Rack” 265 (suits both 265 model depths 65mm & 100mm) 190mm L x 100mm W x 45mm H and weighs 0.146kg
SMI Oz Iron Kookware SS™ Roasting/Steamer/Cake Cooling “Rack” 325 (suits both 325 model depths 65mm & 100mm) 260mm L x 100mm W x 45mm H and weighs 0.179kg