This range of firewood holders by Slot Me In™ called our “MINIMALIST DESIGN” range are just that. When full of firewood the holder becomes almost invisible taking on the shape of the design chosen. There are 3 design shapes to choose from ring, hexagon & diamond with each of the 3 designs in 2 size options (medium or large) resulting in 6 options to choose from.
All are made from 100% Australian steel right here in Australia by Slot Me In™. Each of the 6 options (3 shapes with 2 sizes in each shape) are a fully welded structure using solid 12mm round BlueScope Xlerplate™ Tru-Spec™ drawn solid bar stock. Our unique and original design and fabrication of these firewood holders allows a generous amount of firewood holding capacity for their size. Both faces are tapered from the top spreading outwards towards the base in proportion to the respective size option and are extremely stable resting on again our unique feature of four points of contact at each leg corner.
They are only supplied in a raw unfinished steel option and can easily be painted with the correct preparation by any competent handy person if so required (a full detailed instruction guide is supplied on this process with each purchase). Outdoors left unpainted (as supplied) they will naturally patina to a rich deep autumn bronze red over time, while indoors unpainted this process usually doesn’t occur and if it does it depends on the particular atmosphere of the room they are used in, generally it will be very slow, otherwise indoors they will remail a steely blue black colour as supplied. The patina colour change can be sped up too if required with full details of this process on the painting information guide provided with each purchase. Again, this process of a rapid patina acceleration effect can be achieved by any competent handy person also.
- Apart from the 3 design shapes (in the 2 size options) we can customise each individual SMI Minimalist Design Firewood Holder to your specific requirements. If you require divisions within any shape to separate firewood sizes and or kindling then you can choose from the following options below. All optioned dividers are from the same material used in the standard models and fully welded in place as a permanent division on both faces. They are also only supplied in a raw unfinished steel option as per the standard models. Below are the 6 variation options (1-6) we can customise each standard shape and size into. Please note that these variation options (1-6) are at an additional cost to the standard models. Also note that the shipping weight charged for all customised firewood holders will be 5kg additional to that of the standard models & sizes. For any of the variations required offered below (1-6) you will need to contact us directly prior to purchase to confirm your required variation from the standard models on offer so we can confirm the price variation for you. All modification sales will need to be done personally over the phone and or by email contact.
- Variation Option 1: (50% / 50%, equal splits with vertical dividers)
- Variation Option 2: (50% / 50%, equal splits with horizontal dividers)
- Variation Option 3: (50% / 25% / 25%, spit vertically (50%) in half then with one 50% half split again in 2 forming 2 x 25% equal sections horizontally with dividers) Note: there is no need to specify left or right with this option as either can be achieved by reversing the face of the holder.
- Variation Option 4: (50% / 25% / 25%, spit horizontally (50%) in half with the top half split in half again forming 2 x 25% equal sections vertically with dividers).
- Variation Option 5: (50% / 25% / 25%, split horizontally (50%) in half with the bottom half split in half again forming 2 x 25% sections vertically with dividers).
- Variation Option 6: (25% / 25% / 25% / 25%, split into 4 equal sections with vertical and horizontal dividers).
- FOR ANY OTHER VARIATIONS REQUIRED (OTHER THAN WHAT IS OFFERD ABOVE 1-6) TO THE STANDARD MODELS YOU CAN CONTACT US DIRECT ALSO TO DISCUSS YOUR SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS.
SMI Minimalist Design Firewood Holder Specifications are as follows below (Standard Shape & Size Models Only):
- SMI Minimalist Design Firewood Holder Ring Medium (640mm W x 710mm H x 215mm D and weighs 5.700kg empty with a cubic holding capacity of 0.085 cubic meters or approximately 42.500 kg of seasoned Redgum firewood)
- SMI Minimalist Design Firewood Holder Ring Large (920mm W x 1080mm H x 360mm D and weighs 8.600 kg empty with a cubic holding capacity of 0.191 cubic meters or approximately 95.500kg of seasoned Redgum firewood)
- SMI Minimalist Design Firewood Holder Hexagon Medium (710mm W xc 770mm H x 220mm D and weighs 6.400kg with a cubic holding capacity of 0.096cubic meters or approximately 48.000kg of seasoned Redgum firewood)
- SMI Minimalist Design Firewood Holder Hexagon Large (1050mm W x 1100mm H x 360mm D and weighs 9.600kg empty with a cubic holding capacity of 0.211cubic meters or approximately 105.500 kg of seasoned Redgum firewood)
- SMI Minimalist Design Firewood Holder Diamond Medium (860mm W x 1030mm H x 260mm D and weighs 7.600kg empty with a cubic holding capacity of 0.108 cubic meters or approximately 54.000kg of seasoned Redgum firewood)
- SMI Minimalist Design Firewood Holder Diamond Large (1280mm W x 1450mm H x 360mm D and weighs 11.500 kg empty with a cubic holding capacity of 0.243 cubic meters or approximately 121.500kg of seasoned Redgum firewood)
Note: All cubic capacity measurements above are based on the Australian standard measurement of 300mm long for supplied commercial firewood. If your firewood is longer, say 400mm or 450mm long then the cubic volume capacity and weights will increase above the measurements provided above for 30cm long firewood by 33% & 50% respectively. Weight approximations are based on 2 cubic meters of seasoned tightly compacted Redgum firewood weighing 1 tonne. Also note that the volume capacity measurements are for a full possible fill with no air gaps or voids. All our minimalistic firewood holders have a holding weight capacity that is far in excess of what you can fill it with in firewood that is 450mm long. For safety and structural integrity, we recommend that firewood no longer than 450mm be stored in any model and centred approximately for proper stability and function of its intended purpose. As a general guide for varying lengths of firewood and cross section areas of size is that longer lengths should be stored towards the bottom as with larger cross section pieces, this results in a lower centre of gravity.
Note: All shipping weights are a lot more than the actual product itself. This is due to cartage or shipping costs being based on cubic volume and not actual weight by all major carriers throughout Australia. Although not heavy they occupy a lot of cargo area on a truck and are charged accordingly. Feel free to organise your own cartage by prior arrangement and purchase only of the item without shipping if need be by purchasing over the phone and not on the website. We endeavour to offer the most cost effective shipping possible for all of our products including these items as well. Alternatively, we can ship to a regional transport depot as close as possible to you for you to collect from there, this generally is a lot cheaper than door to door delivery. Please feel free to call us for any shipping quotes required.